Subject verb object (SVO) is a sentence structure where the subject comes first, the verb second, and the object third. In the sentence above, you is the subject, name is the verb, and it is the object. Similarly, in the second clause, I is the subject, can get is the verb phrase, and anything is the object.
The phrase “you name it” is an idiom that means “anything you can think of.” It is often used after a list of things to indicate that the list is not exhaustive. For example, you might say “I like all kinds of music: rock, blues, reggae, classical—you name it!” to mean that you enjoy a wide variety of music genres.
The phrase “you name it” can also be used on its own, without any preceding list. In this case, it means that there are no limits to what is being discussed. For example, you might say “I’m open to anything, you name it!” to mean that you are willing to do or try anything.
A search in iWeb for the most common, shortest sentences that contain the basic
pronoun + lexical verb + noun (order)
. _P _VV _N .
1 IT MAKES SENSE. 707 B2
2 IT TAKES TIME. 587 A2
3 I NEED HELP. 491 B1
4 I LOVE IT. 159 A1
(information technology or pronoun?)
C2 example because it is rare to find a dummy object pronoun:
5 IT TAKES PRACTICE. 126
6 IT MADE SENSE. 125
7 EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES. 103
8 IT WORKS WONDERS. 101 C2
9 WE NEED HELP. 94
10 YOU NEED HELP. 90
11 THEY SHAKE HANDS. 87
12 IT TAKES WORK. 83
13 I LOVE MUSIC. 81
14 I AGREE 100%. 72
(not an object) How much do you agree? I totally agree.
15 I LOVE ANIMALS. 69
16 I LOVE PEOPLE. 69
17 I LOVE FOOD. 61
18 I STARTED CRYING. 60
19 THEY NEED HELP. 60
20 WE MAKE MISTAKES. 59
21 YOU GO GIRL. 57
22 I LOVE WRITING. 55
23 I NEEDED HELP. 54
24 I NEED ADVICE. 45
25 I LOVE KIDS. 44
26 IT TAKES EFFORT. 44
27 HE NEEDS HELP. 42
28 I MAKE MISTAKES. 42
29 THEY MAKE MISTAKES. 41
30 I LOVE BOOKS. 40
31 I LOVE CHILDREN. 40
32 EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES. 37
33 I CALL BULLSHIT. 37
34 IT TOOK TIME. 37
35 IT WORKED WONDERS. 37
36 I LOVE TECHNOLOGY. 36
37 I CALL BS. 35
38 I LOVE COOKING. 35
39 I LOVE LIFE. 35
40 IT SAVES TIME. 34
41 NOTHING MAKES SENSE. 33
IT CONTAINS DIAMONDS. 32 (probably a crossword task)
43 I LOVE LEARNING. 31
44 I LOVE READING. 30
45 I LOVE TEACHING. 30
46 IT TAKES PATIENCE. 30
47 HE COMMITTED SUICIDE. 29
48 THEY BECAME FRIENDS. 29
49 I LOVE AMERICA. 28
50 I LOVE FOOTBALL. 28
51 I LOVE WOMEN. 28
52 NOTHING MADE SENSE. 28
53 SHE NEEDS HELP. 28
54 WE BECAME FRIENDS. 28
55 I LOVE MOVIES. 27
56 IT BUILDS CHARACTER. 27
57 I LOVE DOGS. 26
58 SHE SPEAKS ENGLISH. 26
59 I LOST WEIGHT. 25
60 I LOST COUNT. 24
61 I LOVE COFFEE. 24
62 I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY. 24
63 I TOOK NOTES. 24
64 IT BEGGARS BELIEF. 24 = incorrect tagging. unbelievable or not deserving to be believed = to defy belief
65 IT TAKES COURAGE. 24 = To be resolute in difficult circumstances.
66 YOU TAKE CARE. 24
67 I LIKE VARIETY. 23
68 I LOVE CATS. 23
69 I NEED ANSWERS. 23
70 I READ BOOKS. 23
71 IT COSTS MONEY. 23
72 WE SHOOK HANDS. 23
73 I LIKE PEOPLE. 22
74 THEY ASK QUESTIONS. 22
75 WE NEED ACTION. 22
76 I KEPT WALKING. 21
77 HE LOVED LIFE. 21
78 I ASK QUESTIONS. 21
79 I LOVE DANCING. 21
80 I LOVED IT. 21
81 I WANT ANSWERS. 21
82 IT DEFIES LOGIC. 21
Here are some more contexts for the last results, completed by AI:
- 83 IT TAKES DISCIPLINE. 21
- It takes discipline to stay on track with your goals, even when things get tough.
- It takes discipline to eat healthy foods and exercise regularly, even when you don’t feel like it.
- It takes discipline to save money, even when there are tempting things to spend it on.
- 84 HE NEEDED HELP. 20
- He needed help carrying his groceries.
- He needed help getting up the stairs.
- He needed help finding his way home.
- 85 IT TAKES SECONDS. 20
- It takes seconds to smile at someone.
- It takes seconds to say “please” and “thank you.”
- It takes seconds to hold the door open for someone.
- 86 WE WANT PEACE. 20
- We want peace in the Middle East.
- We want peace in our own communities.
- We want peace in our own hearts.
- 87 I LOVE NATURE. 19
- I love the feeling of the sun on my skin.
- I love the sound of the wind in the trees.
- I love the smell of the flowers.
- 88 I LOVE SPORTS. 19
- I love the excitement of a close game.
- I love the feeling of being part of a team.
- I love the challenge of competition.
- 89 I WANT JUSTICE. 19
- I want justice for the victims of crime.
- I want justice for the people who have been wronged.
- I want justice for all people, regardless of their race, religion, or social status.
- 90 IT BUILDS TRUST. 19
- It builds trust to keep your promises.
- It builds trust to be honest and transparent.
- It builds trust to be reliable and dependable.
- 91 IT SAVES LIVES. 19
- It saves lives to wear a seatbelt.
- It saves lives to get vaccinated.
- It saves lives to donate blood.
- 92 I LOVE ART. 18
- I love the beauty of art.
- I love the creativity of art.
- I love the way art can make me feel.
- 93 IT SPEAKS VOLUMES. 18
- A simple smile can speak volumes.
- A warm hug can speak volumes.
- A kind word can speak volumes.
- 94 IT TAKES YEARS. 18
- It takes years to build a successful business.
- It takes years to raise a child.
- It takes years to learn a new language.
- 95 IT TOOK HOURS. 18
- It took hours to paint that picture.
- It took hours to write that book.
- It took hours to build that house.
- 96 THEY MAKE SENSE. 18
- Their arguments make sense.
- Their actions make sense.
- Their words make sense.
- 97 THEY MEAN BUSINESS. 18
- They mean business when they say they’re going to do something.
- They mean business when they make a promise.
- They mean business when they say they love you.
- 98 THEY NEEDED HELP. 18
- They needed help finding a job.
- They needed help paying their rent.
- They needed help getting to the doctor.
- 99 I LOVE CHOCOLATE. 17
- I love the taste of chocolate.
- I love the smell of chocolate.
- I love the feeling of eating chocolate.
- 100 I LOVE CHRISTMAS. 17
- I love the decorations.
- I love the music.
- I love the food.
committed, courage, discipline, justice, patience, suicide