English Grammar Pro is where we collect grammar and vocabulary information from many places. Then we share with you which grammar and vocabulary go together most often to help learners get nearer to proficient users or pros.
English Grammar Profile
Firstly, this website is a place for sharing English grammar research. We are expanding the English Grammar Profile (EGP) for teachers and learners of the English language. The EGP is a wonderful resource that describes what English learners can do at various points of their progress. However, learners require more help from teachers so they can benefit from it. This is where English Grammar Pro develops its findings further.
English structures for the Guru
Next, we are sharing the stuff which teachers don’t see. That is the ability for them to do their own grammar searches on their texts. Each grammar point presented here will contain a regular expression to find forms tagged with Lancaster University’s CLAWS 7 tagset. This is used by corpora like iWeb corpus, and the automatic tagger can tag your own texts too. In addition to expanding the EGP grammar structures in expert corpora, we will now be confirming the levels of the grammar given by the EGP in another large learner corpus. The University of Pittsburgh English Language Institute Corpus (PELIC) provides yet more real evidence of the types of language students produce.
The language information is free
Finally, in the same spirit of shared research you can find in the links above, it is the goal of this website to further partake in such noble endeavours. If you have suggestions for other related project ideas, please leave a comment on any page and admin will get back to you.
The Latest English Grammar News
- When sound science meets imperfect grammar
- Poor Elijah's Almanack: Grammar instruction's fall from fashion
- Year 11 Harrogate Grammar School pupils sent home after positive covid tests
- BELP- Basic English Learning Program organised by SIGMA for students of SOS Raipur
- Jack Ma's lesson
- SSC CHSL 2020: Important books to follow
- Understanding The False Pride Of Grammar Nazis
- You love Boston English, right? So don't I!
- Making it happen
- 'Mark My Words' book launched to chronicle common mistakes made in English language
- K-pop Sensation BTS: 'We Hope to Visit India in the Future'
- 2020 AMAs: The Only Wrap Up You Need to Watch | Billboard News